Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's A Start (unreleased demo version)

There’s no manifesto here.

Nor is there any lasers-and-lights launch for this little corner of the writing world. In fact, odds are you are actually reading this only after scrolling down through all the brilliantly witty, genuinely moving and inevitably life-changing posts that I will surely write after this one.

Right now, though, I’m not yet sure what I will put in this space. Like all writers, I can’t stand a blank page, so I’m scribbling in it now as a start. It’s amazing how just seeing a block of words – sometimes any words – can help provide the motivation and the imagination to press on through a sentence, a paragraph, and on to another page. And before you know it, I’ll have prattled on about a particular French café, the importance of wind conditions to history, Tom Petty’s Wildflowers album and the time I missed my train in Japan and learned to ride a bike as a result.

And maybe that kind of unfiltered rambling will be what you’ll read here. Truthfully, I have no idea at this point, though anecdotes and music appreciations are probably a given. What I do know is that despite the fact that I make my living as a writer (in the advertising game), I do precious little of my own writing.

So let’s see what unfolds. The page is no longer blank. It’s time to move on. It’s time to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment